Friday, April 27, 2007

To all my crushes..

He smiles and it feels like I could give the world to make sure that smile never fades. It feels even nicer if I was somehow responsible for that smile. He talks to me and I'm struggling to come up with something remotely smart to say in return. It's just a crush. I will probably never have an actual conversation with him. If I did, that would probably mean the crush had ceased to exist. He's not the first. There have been many before him and I hope there will be many after. Because (huge grammatic mistake you say? Go to hell I say) he makes me feel alive. Gives me something to wake up to. Assures me that cynicism and skepticism gained over the years hasn't killed the dreamer, lover, romantic in me.

I don't remember how many there were. I take wearing one's heart on one's shoulder to new levels. My heart generally hovers around me somewhere. There was the smart guy with the broken tooth. The sweet looking guy of few words. The 2nd second sweet guy of few words. The guy with the cringe-ey eyed smile. The smart guy who helped me out. The smart sweet guy. The really smart, really sweet guy. And lately, the replica of the really smart, really sweet guy and the self proclaimed grouch with the genuine smile. (Lost somewhere in between? Don't bother. Think one of them might have been you? Probably ;) )

There have been others I haven't mentioned. I've also realised that I am particularly drawn to guys who are smart, sweet and subtle. So if you are a guy, with even two of these 3 qualities.. Stay away. I'm trying to tame my heart here.

9 comments:

Rach said...

lol! think its beautiful!

S.. Diva said...

smart, sweet and subtle... cool filters.. and you even relax it to 2/3... :)
did anyone come close to it?

Suprita said...

[Sneha] :D A little too many come/came close. ;)

Anonymous said...

i told you not to publish things about me!!!!
sigh... now you will have to wait in line...

vikrem said...

hav u ever revealed to tht person tht u hav a crush on him??

Suprita said...

[Vikrem]: Maybe one or two of them. That too once I was over it I guess..

Anonymous said...

I loved your way of thinking and the carelessness and sarcasm in your tone. Being a smart, sweet and subtle guy, I wonder...

Suprita said...

[Anonymous]: You're smart, sweet *and* subtle you say! Good Lord! Stay away!!

Anonymous said...

arent - daring, incredibly charming, rich, caring, emotinal strong; characters in a man not needed?? i wonder why not.. i believe witout them the guy wont be able to support himself or u!!!