Saturday, May 5, 2007

All things nice and overrated

1. Conversation, for starters.
Whatever happened to comfortable silence.
2. Self-discovery.
Know thy self and waste a lot of time in the process. You are who you believe you are.
3. Being normal and sane.
What's the point. If you aren't a little weird or messed up you aren't interesting enough. Normal people are boring.
4. Useful utilization of time.
Define useful. Stop utilizing. Start living.
5. Being a Roman in Rome.
This theory has already lost ground. Be who you are and maybe pick up a couple of Roman qualities you admire. Like the way that cute Italian guy smiles..

PS: I know there exist valid counter arguments for each of these statements I have made. I myself am not a staunch follower of these theories. I just believe all this stuff is overrated :)
PPS: When I say "you are who you believe you are" I do not mean you go on to believe you are superman and jump off the cliff. Actually, if you manage to reach such a conclusion, you probably should jump off the cliff. The average world IQ would make a huge leap.

Conversation of the week:
Me: I sort of maintain a blog.
Person A: Blog?
Person B: Blog. Where people write stuff because they don't have friends around to talk about it to.
Me: [Sigh] Probably.

7 comments:

Rach said...

LOL @ everything, esp Superman Theory!

dipendra said...

hehe...excellent

Sandeep said...

Iyam yuvar friands.

Suprita said...

[Sandeep] :P poda

Felix Estrella said...

OK, since you asked, here's a comment .... now that I pulled my head out of my ass and set up a blogspot of my own .... :-)

Pankaj said...

The conversation is really unfortunately true !!!!

About the theories, again, unfortunately they are again very exaggerated. Can't do things in that way. But truly, it is good to explore our own bounds.

Suprita said...

[Pankaj] Yea, they are exaggerated. Or rather I think they aren't given their share of importance. Things like not talking and being yourself are .. underrated (for lack of a better word)..