Sunday, June 10, 2007

Random Mumblings

Sparkling yellow lights, so far away they shine.
Stories of fun, frolic and laughter they whisper into the night,
Of a life full of joy, of a life full of life,
Where every tomorrow is one to wake up to,
Where very mornings sun shines bright.

Just 'nothings' I thought of yesterday night. I've always been enticed by them. Those yellow street lights that would light up the street perpendicular mine. With cars and mopeds buzzing by with their headlights on.

So much for sweet nothings. Getting to the issue at hand, there is none. Hence the rest of this post is also going to comprise of unrelated nothings.

I have been reading 'The Fountainhead'. Half way through the novel and the story seems alright, although Ayn Rand tends to go a little overboard at times. I personally liked the book, not for it's story but for it's characters. I liked it for the fact that I haven't come across similar characters in the books I've read till date (which could be attributed to me not having read a sufficiently wide variety of books) and yet the characters seem so believable and real. Anyone who reads the novel will probably relate to one or the other of these characters. He thinks it's amazing. He thinks it's a load of nonsense. And he thinks it's a ladies novel with all women who read it seeing themselves in Dominique Francon(one of the characters).

On a completely different note. I/we have realised that the English language is fairly unimaginative with its abuses, as compared to the Indian languages. Again, my thinking so might be because of my lack of a more complete English vocabulary, but I doubt you'll come across the following phrases in English:
Shake.
Die / die in a handful of water.(not too much of an abuse, this one)
Your grandmother. [Period :D]
Have you mentioned at home and come?
Sister's [:D]
And a lot more I won't venture into. Of course there are several parallels too.

I wonder if to be truly free you have to make sure you never love anything(be it money, lifestyle or a man). So that you don't live in perpetual fear of loosing it. So that nothing can hurt you. Nothing can control your doings. Dominique in Fountainhead thinks so (in my humble understanding of the novel and the character). They say life lived like that isn't life lived. I just wonder.

A car I bought.
People I met.
Master Yoda I speak like.
Kinky we can get. :D

26 comments:

Felix Estrella said...

I wonder if to be truly free you have to make sure you never love anything [...] So that nothing can hurt you.

Ah ... but quite the opposite, mon amie. When you open yourself up to love, and yes potentially set yourself up to be hurt, only then can you receive love in return .... and receiving unconditional love is touching the face of God.

Some random thoughts for you:

The smell of a newly born baby, asleep in your arms. A toddler's giggle. Dark laughing eyes sparking after taking his first step. Unconditional love that knows you'll always be there, and that you would throw yourself in front of a truck to preserve.

Would I allow myself to be hurt to feel that kind of love? Love vs. freedom? Tie me up and bind me .... I don't want to be free.

Felix Estrella said...

Oh, and a haiku for you:

Socks full of beach sand,
face stained with red cherry juice,
a great afternoon.

Anonymous said...

They say life lived like that isn't life lived.


True.

Suprita said...

[Flix Estrella]: :).. You write beautifully Mr Estrella.. Left me breathless for a moment. And you're a lucky man to have found your love.

I'm bit of a coward. But maybe once I find something truly worth loving, I'll learn to love without holding back..

[Anonymous]: Sigh. Probably.

Karthik Alur said...

Suprita,

Pass me the fountain head after you're done.

Regarding abuses, I would put it as English abuses are expressive and Kannada abuses are more imaginative. They are mutually exclusive to some extent.
More so, English abuses have a varying degree of vulgarity, from a less sophisticated buttocks to bum to ass [evolved out of 'arse' - British English ].
But, in case of Kannada, I guess that variety is lacking. U have 'andu' and next is the T word, nothing in between [not that I know of].
You either sound hilarious with usage of 'andu' and not-so-polite person using the T word.

Glorified by Kannada movies and Mr. Jaggesh, Nothing comes close to Kannada abuses :)

Suprita said...

[Karthik]: :D Nija nija. Though I haven't heard the 'A' word used too often. Maybe I need to watch more Kannada movies.

Karthik Alur said...

ehh..waste-tu :D

Anonymous said...

You also can't say the following stuff in English no?
1. Son!
2. Teacher?
3. Disciple??(How weird would that be)

Suprita said...

Hehe.. Maga, guru and sisya... Words we can not do without... And of course, brother-in-law. :D

Anonymous said...

Pray tell me my dear, why is your blog so boring? ?

(bere kelasavilla ninage.. !)

Suprita said...

[Anonymous ]: Oh do tell me honeybun, what according to you would be interesting..

(Illa. This is a manifestation of my un-containable intellect and aptitude.
Poda. That is a manifestation of my un-containable urge to say poda. :p )

Anonymous said...

My dear Suprita, rambling is not a very apt expression of intellect. A reading induces so much ennui that a even a graced gentleman with sleeplessness can turn into a log.

Use all your so called intellect and aptitude and call me instead out pouting garble for the world to see.

I'd love to listen to your garble rather than read it.. !

(PS: You are a moron)

Anonymous said...

Oh and one more thing sweetheart. Use a god damn spelling checker !

Suprita said...

[Anonymous]: Sweetheart.. You do know these are no ordinary ramblings.. What. Just tell you and deprive the world..

I like writing. Please tell me reading it caused you immense agony. :D. That would work as incentive.

The spellings are just fine.

(PS: We are on the same boat then)

Felix Estrella said...

Why is it that those who admonish writers for not using a spell checker, would do well to use one themselves?

Felix Estrella said...

Oh, and speaking of gentlemen. Sir Anonymous, you are no gentleman. A gentleman would at least identify himself before insulting a lady so crudely, and would then steel himself for a swift, and well deserved, kick in the ass.

Suprita said...

Thanks Felix. I agree.. Come on Mr Anonymous, reveal yourself to everyone here. Scared sweetheart.. :D

And don't forget to try the kick, backside, self thing also.. :D

PS: He's revealed himself to me Felix.. Looks like he's too shy to go public..

Anonymous said...

Dear Suprita,

Yavano ivanau bolimaga, avana kelasa nodikollodhikke helu.

Love
G

Felix Estrella said...

Eh ... [shrug]

Anonymous said...

Mr. Felix,

Just writing in to say no harm meant. My lil sister expressed her dissent about me snapping at people on her blog.

However, if you notice the conversation between her and I on this blog was entirely on humorous lines.

Your defense is appreciated, but next time don't ask everyone who posts to kick themselves!!

My sincere appreciation and regards to you Mr. Felix

Regards
G

Anonymous said...

PS: I am writing in as Anonymous as I am too lazy to log in and do this blogging bit on a regular basis. Laziness is a beautiful thing.

Regards once again Mr. Felix
G

RJ Sumesh said...

with unparalleled subtlety i giggle hehehheheheheheehehehehehe what hath become of thee oh pagad. thou shalt be consulted in a telephonic manner regarding the same

Suprita said...

[Gomo]: Saayre yellaru

Anonymous said...

Thu....

Anonymous said...

I am reading this article second time today, you have to be more careful with content leakers. If I will fount it again I will send you a link

Anonymous said...

SEO
very useful, thanx a lpt for this article .. This is exacttly what I was lookig for.